As part of your application, you will need to read and agree to this Privacy Statement.
CPA Australia Ltd (CPA Australia) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
The personal information you provide may be used by CPA Australia to:
- process your application for membership of CPA Australia
- record your membership details and profile information
- manage your membership of CPA Australia
- ensure you comply as a member with CPA Australia's Constitution and By-Laws
- conduct market research in order to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of CPA Australia members
- provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future membership benefits including Member Benefits+
- enrol you in the CPA Program, study units and Practice Management distance learning program as the case may be
- administer the CPA Program, study units and Practice Management distance learning program as the case may be
- administer your enrolments
- administer your exams and assignments as the case may be
- customise future service offerings, such as exams for the CPA Program
- notify you about CPA Australia events
- arrange study group contact if required
- aggregate and use for internal review to analyse trends and statistics
- provide your CPA Program results to your employer, where your employer subsidises some or all of your CPA Program fees
- compile an employer-requested list for your employer of those persons in their employment undertaking the CPA Program and their member statuses
- my professional accounting body as indicated in Section A of my mutual recognition agreement assessment application and regulatory bodies
In addition to the above, if you are applying for a migration assessment the personal information you provided may be used by CPA Australia to:
- process your application for General Skills Migration with CPA Australia
Note: If you engage the services of a migration agent you acknowledge and consent to the agent being authorised to receive and being a party to all details pertaining to your assessment.
Failure to complete the application form correctly may delay or render us unable to process your application.
CPA Australia may disclose the personal information you provide to:
- professional program providers
- your employer for the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement
- Member Benefits+ partners so that they may contact you about their products and services
- external service providers to whom we have contracted out functions such as printers, mailing houses, information technology companies and marketing and communications agencies
- universities and other education providers, professional and regulatory bodies, governmental departments such as the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, Australian Education International-National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition and Department
of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
The personal information you provide will be treated by us in the following ways:
- your personal information may be transferred or stored outside the country where the information was collected for the purposes stated above
You have the right to access or correct any personal information which CPA Australia holds about you, (subject to any applicable legal exceptions).
CPA Australia processes assessment, membership and other payments using EFTPOS and online technologies. All transactions processed by CPA Australia meet industry security standards to ensure member details and payments are protected. For more information
about our security procedures and payment processes phone +61 3 9606 9606.